Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Wedding Bells

Well now that I have a second I can sit down and figure out how to use this "blog". I'm really excited because i just realized how much my family uses it. It will be nice to keep in touch this way. BIG NEWS............. I'm getting married. I seriously don't think I could every get use to saying that. I'm so blessed. I met John Mark last May at a banquet. He has been best friends with my roomates for years. At first I thought he was cute, but had no interest in pursuing it. Within the next few months I say him a few times. He was extremely nice, but still I was too preoccupied with other things to even think about it. One night in August or September (he could tell you) we went to look at some puppies and that was the night that it hit John Mark he says it was that night that he went home adn told his best friend that he was going to marry me. For the next few months I lived in oblivion. No clue, It wasn't until December that i realized how much I cared about him. I was in Mena and it hit me how much I missed him. I gave up my favorite Prime Rib dinner to get back to Fayetteville to see him. Wow the rest is amazing, but in the interest of time I'll get to the new stuff. On Saturday John Mark proposed and it was truly amazing. Understand, this is my biggest dream. Never in my life would I ever want to think of marrying someone I wasn't convinced i was suppose to be with, but I know that he's the right one. I'm so very excited. We are going to get married December 10th. Althought tonite he asked me how I felt about August (Don't break out in hives mom----its all good). I can't wait until everyone can meet him, and see how absolutely amazing he is. God is so good and he sees our heart and what our deepest desires are. He puts them there. I'm so very amazed everyday. God's wants us to embrace life and enjoy what he's given us. Embrace Him

4 comments:

mindi11 said...

OH Stephanie!! I'm so happy for you! I was so shocked when I found out you were engaged, I didn't even know you were dating anybody!!
Looking forward to hearing about wedding plans! How fun!!!!!
Love you,
Mindi

Valerie Dykstra said...

Does $5000 sound good? If it does, elope. Just joking, well, sort of. Now that would take care of the hives risk. Love you so much. Mom

Stephanie Laney said...

Maria---
You didn't look nervous. Great!! To be honest when I get nervous I get diarrhea. We'll pray something supernatural happens and I don't get sick.

mindi11 said...

You may also want to pray that your bridesmaids/ring bearer/flowergirls, etc. don't get sick.

Between 2 of my bridesmaids, (my sister Amy and my friend Jane) they were placing bets over who would throw up first...

Everybody lost, because Dalton, one of my ring bearers, threw up all over the ground (fortunately outside) right as Herbie was saying, "who gives this woman..."